Sunday 13 November 2011

Craft fairs, carnival and a cheeky glimpse of work in progress...


I don't know about you, but I can't quite believe that its Christmas Shopping Fair season already.  I've done two fairs in the past few weeks and have two more to go next week and the week after.  I don't do that many, usually just ones that are linked to causes I care about most.  My theory is, by doing events for causes close to my heart I don't get upset if I don't sell much!....


..that said, usually what happens at these events is when I make a few sales it is swiftly followed by a few purchases from other stalls!  Its not a bad way to start Christmas shopping, but it does sort of defeat the object of having a stall in the first place.  Do you like my new sales assistant? that's my eldest and she's really giving it the hard sell, bless her!...



...Since my last blog post  our town had it's annual Guy Fawkes Carnival.  Bridgwater proudly boasts the biggest illuminated carnival in Europe. Approx 100,000 people lined the procession route to spend about 2 hours watching around 60 stunning carnival floats go by...


...They certainly entertained us with dazzling costumes and well rehearsed moves.  As you can see, some of the carts are like west end shows on wheels...


...Finally,  I've got a few things on the go at the moment commission wise.  I can't really reveal all for a couple of months, but as I'm such a tease I'm letting you have a cheeky peek at some work done last week...


....above is a quick glimpse of my desktop with work in action, these jolly little creatures are Minky Mooo's and they're bits of clip art I've been creating for Daisy Mooo's website (which is coming very soon, so you won't have to wait a couple of months to see those).

Hope you all have a great week,

Angie :-)